Word:
(From First Reading * 1 kgs 8:10-13)
When the priests left the holy place, the cloud filled the temple of the LORD so the priests could no longer minister because of the cloud, since the LORD’S glory had filled the temple of the LORD. Then Solomon said, “The LORD intends to dwell in the dark cloud, I have truly built you a princely house, a dwelling where you abide forever.”
Order:
Understand and accept the reasons of others.
Reality:
I think about my mother. Usually, I like to buy food or sweets and bring them to my loved ones. For me, food and sweets are expressions of love. But my mother does not think like me. She always said, "Don't buy anything. I will tell you if I need anything."
At that time, I thought my mother wanted me to save money. I understand her reason, but just buying food is not expensive. And most importantly, I was frustrated. I judge that she did not get my expressions of love.
We have been facing these situations for a long time. One day, My mother further explained that she could not eat all the food I brought. And she was bored when she saw the food last night in the fridge. She told me that if she wanted anything, she would inform me.
After that, I realized and changed my behavior. Every time I see my mother, I'll call and ask what she wants me to buy. Sometimes she tells me right away, sometimes she has to think for a while, and I need to call her again. And sometimes, if I see something interesting, I'll let her know and make her choice. It's a very natural behavior.
Now I know it's not about showing my love the old way; but about understanding and acceptance. Thank you, Mom, for giving me this lesson.
Direction:
Find something more interesting to her. It's my pleasure, yes!
0 Comments